The best six doctors anywhere
And no one can deny it
Are sunshine, water, rest, and air
Exercise and diet.
These six will gladly you attend
If only you are willing
Your mind they'll ease
Your will they'll mend
And charge you not a shilling.
~Nursery rhyme quoted by Wayne Fields, What the River Knows, 1990
An Excerpt from Sustainable Wellness: An Integrative Approach to Transform Your Mind, Body, and Spirit by Matt Mumber and Heather Reed
Matt Mumber and Heather Reed present an integral approach to wellness that involves mind, body, and spirit. Here is an excerpt on peace as an antidote to stress.
• "Stress is anything that applies tension in our lives and is a necessary part of life.
• "Eustress is perceived as positive and life-enhancing, whereas distress is perceived as life-depleting. Your body does not know the difference between the two.
• "Chronic, unrelenting distress can lead to illness and disease.
• "A method to manage stress can be remembered as PQRRS:
Practice cultivating awareness so that we know stress when it affects us. Question our reactions or whatever comes up with gentle curiosity. Reframe situations from a more broad and compassionate perspective.Respond based on conscious choice, grounded in understanding and insight. Surrender any attachments to outcomes.
• "Stress management relies heavily on our point of view: What's eustress for one person may be distress to another.
• "Stress tends to flow in and through our relationships with ourselves, others, and the natural world.
• "Personality type can influence our reactions to stress in important, modifiable ways.
• "Physical activity can help manage stress.
• "There are many mind-focused tools that help relieve distress, including meditation, guided imagery, and breath-focused practice.
• "An approach to spirituality can help with reframing and surrendering.
“Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.” ~World Health Organization, 1948
“The power of love to change bodies is legendary, built into folklore, common sense, and everyday experience. Love moves the flesh, it pushes matter around.... Throughout history, "tender loving care" has uniformly been recognized as a valuable element in healing.”
“In order to change we must be sick and tired of being sick and tired.”~Author Unknown
“A sad soul can kill you quicker than a germ.” ~John Steinbeck
“The greatest wealth is health.” ~Virgil
May you always choose to function from total awareness.
No matter where you are and what is happening around you… may you always choose to be stress free and allow your life to be filled with love, peace and happiness.
… for visiting the TREASURE TROVE today.